2024 Storming the Castle 10k
Join us in Carrickfergus on Sunday, 18th August
Race Start Time: 1.30pm at the front of the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre
Follow us on facebook #STC10k
Race Director: Andy Smyth email: email@example.com
Numbers will be capped at 1,000
Previous races have sold out so book early to avoid disappointment!
STC10K offers a fantastic, fast, flat course with potential for securing personal bests.
Starting at Carrickfergus Amphitheatre, it encompasses the picturesque promenade along the Marine Highway and waterfront areas, overlooking the world class marina and views of Belfast Lough before finishing at the impressive 12th Century Norman Castle near Carrickfergus Town centre.
We are delighted to have the support of Mid and East Antrim Council
- Online registration closes once the capped entry of 1,000 has been reached or at 9pm on Wednesday 14th August 2024, whichever comes first.
- Late entry fee of £25 will be applied for all on the day registration – 18 August 2024 (subject to availability).
- Entries must be 15 years of age or over on race day.
- Entries cannot be Deferred and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Name changes can be made via the entry portal using your personal login with email and order number up to 31 July 2024 after this date and until Wednesday, 14th August at 9pm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details of the runner taking your place. Full name, DOB, Club (if appropraite), email, Contact number, gender, age on race day, ICE Contact name and number. There will be an admin charge of £5 for any name changes after this date.
- Any athlete running under another competitor’s race number will be disqualified
- The first 300 entries will have thier race numbers posted out. After that we will work with clubs to distribute race numbers or they can be collected on race day from the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre, Prince William Way, Carrickfergus BT38 7HP from 11am to 1pm. If your race number is sent out, please remember to bring it on race day.
Kids fun run Chase the Knight and STC Junior Race:
Sunday 18 August, 12.30pm
Kids Fun Run: 4-9 year olds – 1Km
STC Junior Race: 10-14 year olds – 2Km
Entry Fee – TBC
Every participant will receive a medal
To register for these youth events, please contact Mid and East Antrim Council, Carrickfergus Amphitheatre on 028 9335 8342 to make payment and secure booking.
For more information Email: email@example.com
Note – MEA have advised that there will be no ‘On the Day’ Registrations
This is organised by Mid and East Antrim Council.
Late Entry Number Collection:
- Available from the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre, Prince William Way, Carrickfergus.
- Sunday 18th August from 11am to 1pm.
Race Start Time: 1.30pm at the front of the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre.
Car Parking: There will be limited car parking at the Amphitheatre but there are a number of other car parks nearby – St Brides Street car park, (De Courcy Centre), Joymount, off the Marine Highway and the Castle car park at the harbour.
Public Transport: The train station is a 5 minute walk from the Amphitheatre visit www.translink.co.uk
There will be a lead cyclist and pacers for the following 40, 45. 50, 55, 60 and 70 minutes and a tail runner.
Listen to the run briefing which will be 5 minutes prior to the start. Please listen to the instructions of the marshals/PSNI.
Use of Headphones:
Under UK Athletics rule 240 S5, the wearing of headphones is not permitted in races on single carriageway roads not wholly closed to traffic. The rule applies to in-ear or over-the-ear headphones (with the exception of those medically prescribed). Only bone conducting headphones are permitted.
Water, First Aid:
A water station will be located along the route and at the finish line.
First aid will be provided. If any entrant needs medical assistance, please seek the help from one of the race marshals immediately.
Toilets / Changing Facilities:
Toilets, changing and shower facilities are available in the Amphitheatre. There are also toilets at the Castle Car Park close to the finish line.
Post-Race Refreshments and Family Entertainment:
There will be water for participating athletes at the finish line.
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female on the day.
Age category prizes will also be awarded.
Award for the Best Represented Club
Photographs will be taken throughout the race and post event. These will be posted to the Storming the Castle Facebook page. Please note these will be used for future publicity materials.