2022 Storming the Castle 10k
Join us in Carrickfergus on: Sunday 21st August
Race Start Time: 1.30pm at the front of the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre
Numbers will be capped at 1,000
All race entries previously deferred have automatically been entered to the 2022 race, So….if you want to secure your place and avoid disappointment – book now!
Part of the new 2022 Cinema Coffee 10K Grand Prix Series, STC10K offers a fantastic, fast, flat course with potential for securing personal bests.
This year, for the first time, we are proud to support Depression charity for Northern Ireland, AWARE to help support local people living with depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. This was chosen to help generate awareness of mental health and the link between running and its positive impact on improved mental well-being.
See link to a dedicated fundraising page should you decide to support AWARE https://aware.enthuse.com/cf/storming-the-castle-2022.
For information on AWARE’s programmes and support, please visit www.aware-ni.org
Starting at Carrickfergus Amphitheatre, it encompasses the picturesque promenade along the Marine Highway and waterfront areas, overlooking the world class marina and views of Belfast Lough before finishing at the impressive 12th Century Norman Castle near Carrickfergus Town centre.
- Early bird rates will apply until midnight 30th June – £15 for affiliated and £17 non-affiliated. Thereafter the fees will be £17 for affiliated and £19 non-affiliated
- Online registration closes once the capped entry of 1,000 has been reached or at midnight on Sunday 7th August 2022, whichever comes first.
- Late entry fee of £20 will be applied for all on the day registration – 21 August 2022 (subject to availability).
- Entries must be 15 years of age or over on the event day.
- Entries are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Name changes will be accepted by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org until 7pm on Sunday 31st July 2022. There will be an admin charge of £5 for any name changes after this date.
- Any athlete running under another competitor’s race number will be disqualified.
- Race numbers will be posted out, please remember to bring it on race day.
- Any late entries can be collected on race day from the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre, Prince William Way, Carrickfergus BT38 7HP from 11am to 1pm.
- Race Director: Andy Smyth email: email@example.com
Kids fun run Chase the Knight:
- A medieval themed Fun Run and Junior Race for children at the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre.
- Two age categories: Fun Run for 4-9 year olds (1k) at 12.30pm ; Junior Race 10-14 year olds (2k) at 12.50pm.
- All children will receive a bespoke medal.
- Entry fee £3 per child.
- Each child will get a race number which must be worn to race. Collect from the Amphitheatre reception.
- For entry contact Amphitheatre Leisure Centre on 028 9335 8342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Late Entry Number Collection:
- Available from the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre, Prince William Way, Carrickfergus.
- Sunday 21 August from 11am to 1pm.
Race Start Time: 1.30pm at the front of the Amphitheatre Leisure Centre.
Car Parking: There will be limited car parking at the Amphitheatre but there are a number of other car parks nearby – St Brides Street car park, (De Courcy Centre), Joymount, off the Marine Highway and the Castle car park at the harbour.
Public Transport: The train station is a 5 minute walk from the Amphitheatre visit www.translink.co.uk
There will be a lead cyclist and pacers for the following 40, 45. 50, 55, 60 and 70 minutes and a tail runner.
Listen to the run briefing which will be 5 minutes prior to the start. Please listen to the instructions of the marshals/PSNI.
Note: in-ear or over-the-ear headphones (with the exception of those medically prescribed) are not permitted. Only bone conducting headphones are permitted.
Water, First Aid:
A water station will be located Model Primary School (approx. 4k), and at the finish line.
First aid will be provided by Ambutran. If any entrant needs medical assistance, please seek the help from one of the race marshals immediately.
Toilets / Changing Facilities:
Toilets, changing and shower facilities are available in the Amphitheatre. There are also toilets at the Castle Car Park close to the finish line.
There will be water for participating athletes at the finish line.
Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female on the day.
Age category prizes will also be awarded
Carrickfergus Camera Club will be taking photographs throughout the race and post event. These will be posted to the Storming the Castle Facebook page. Please note these will be used for future publicity materials.
Photos of the previous Storming the Castle events can be found on the Carrickfergus Camera Club website. Click the link for details.